The below freedom of information request was shared with GUCU by Sarah Warsama, a third year undergraduate in History and opponent of management’s redundancy plans. She made the request on 3rd November 2021, and by law the University has until December 1st (20 working days) to respond.
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am writing to make an open government request for information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please send me:
– The terms of the current financial arrangements with the banks Lloyds and NatWest pertaining to the “Revolving Credit Facility” deal between Goldsmiths and the banks, finalised in summer 2021
– The loan documents, a full schedule of the covenants and break down of the terms and conditions in relation to the above mentioned financial arrangements
– Information on what commitments were made with Lloyds, NatWest or any other banks as regards to cost savings related to staff cuts
– Details on whether the above commitments included references to ‘headcount’ reduction and if so, the specific numbers agreed to, and the date upon which these commitments were made
– Summaries and main outcomes of all of the unminuted monthly review meetings with Lloyds and NatWest held from the signing of the Revolving Credit Facility arrangement, to date.
I would like the above information to be provided to me in electronic format where available, or failing that via post to my home address.
If this request is too wide or unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand that under the Act, you are required to advise and assist requesters. If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary.
If the release of any of this information is prohibited on the grounds of breach of confidence, I ask that you supply me with copies of the confidentiality agreement and remind you that information should not be treated as confidential if such an agreement has not been signed.
I understand that you are required to respond to my request within the 20 working days after you receive this letter. I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request.
Please can I remind you that while the request is pending it would be illegal to delete any information relating to this matter.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully Sarah Warsama