Guides and templates for GUCU members:
- ASOS – A guide for members: (please note this document has been arrived at through collective discussion among members, and is also regularly revised to respond to questions as they arise)
- Outline of key issues involved in the dispute.
- Template letter staff members can use to respond to student queries regarding the assessment boycott.
Resources to engage with students:
Staff-Student Assembly co-hosted between GUCU and SU, Thursday 28 January, 12-2pm: https://goldsmithsucu.org/2021/01/21/goldsmiths-staff-student-assembly-thursday-28-jan-12-2pm/
- GUCU letter to students about the issues and industrial action
- GUCU FAQs for students what is ASOS – action short of a strike – and how will it affect you?
- GUCU slide presentation for students about the issues and action involved.
Actions to work with students and support their struggles:
- Circulate the GUCU letter about the industrial action to your students.
- Show the GUCU FAQs to your students and arrange a Q and A with them.
- Organise a department level meeting with students and staff.
- Set up a department staff student assembly and network, to build communication, support and shared campaigning.
Resources to support student struggles:
- Get to know about the student rent strike – attend their meetings, amplify their demands (you can sign this letter in their support) and support calls for action.
- Circulate information to your students about the Student Union’s Liberate Our Union! initiative
- Highlight and get involved in the SU’s Against Sexual Violence work
Actions to support colleagues:
- Donate to the Goldsmiths Mutual Aid fund – to support precarious workers whose employment has been cut and may be affected by loss of pay during industrial action.
- Sign the petition against the punitive withdrawal of furlough from parents and carers involved in ASOS
GUCU briefing note on Goldsmiths finances: https://goldsmithsucu.org/2020/11/27/gucu-finance-briefing-nov-2020/
GUCU response to No Confidence vote: https://goldsmithsucu.org/2020/11/26/gucu-response-to-no-confidence-vote/
Goldsmiths Justice for Workers outline of the outcome of job cuts over the summer: https://precariousatgold.wordpress.com/2020/09/23/goldsmiths-dispute-autumn-update/
GUCU statement on parents and carers: https://goldsmithsucu.org/2021/01/13/parents-and-carers-motion/
GUCU letter of concern to Goldsmiths Council: https://goldsmithsucu.org/2020/10/26/gucu-officers-letter-to-council-members/
GUCU statement on alternatives to job cuts: https://goldsmithsucu.org/2020/10/06/job-cuts-are-not-inevitable-alternatives-are-possible/
GUCU initial response to KPMG report: https://goldsmithsucu.org/2020/10/16/gucu-initial-response-to-kpmgs-independent-business-report-ibr/
GUCU urgent letter of concern to the warden about lack of support for staff and students: https://goldsmithsucu.org/2020/09/30/urgent-letter-of-concern-at-lack-of-support-for-staff-students/