Passed GUCU exec 7.11.2019
This branch notes:
- The need for greater grassroots involvement in decision making in the planning, execution and resolution of disputes involving multiple institutions,
- The final report of the DC calls for the establishment of a Disputes Committee for the duration of a national and multi-institution dispute, to ensure a branch-led democratic control,
This Branch resolves:
- To support Recommendation 13 of the final report of the DC proposing a rule change so that multi-institution disputes will be run by an elected Disputes Committee,
- The disputes committee will be made up of one elected delegate from each participating branch,
- Decision-making on cross-branch matters (e.g. pausing for talks; ending action; recommendations) belong to these committees and will be binding on the NEC and the GS.