Following joint UCU-UNISON negotiations with SMT on London weighting the following offer has been made. GUCU exec recommends acceptance. We will be voting on the offer at our Goldsmiths AGM Weds 17 Oct – full details here.
- An increase to the LW allowance to £3,400 over a shorter timeframe of three equal instalments (1/8/18, 1/1/19, 1/8/19).
- This represents an increase of £527 in a 12 month period (LW allowance is currently £2,873). However, this amount does take into account the national “cost of living” award of 2% being applied from 1st August 2018.
- There will also be the national “cost of living” increase to be applied from 1st August 2019, if one is agreed. If a national “cost of living” increase is agreed in 2019 then this would take the LW allowance above £3,400.
- This offer is not conditional on “consolidation” of the allowance into core salaries.
- We believe this offer is competitive with the median of pre 92 HE institutions.
- As mentioned above, any offer would need to be recommended to HREC and then Council for their approval. We would recommend this offer to HREC and Council.
- There would be no further review of the LW allowance over the period 1st August 2019 to 31st July 2022.